Thursday, February 17, 2011

Am I 30 or 90?

Last night I came to a horrible/fascinating/disturbing realization.  I am a very boring person.  This epiphany opened up many doors to thoughts that I had never considered.  Have I always been this boring?  Will I ever be an exciting person?  Am I really qualified to have a blog?

My quick answers are hopefully not, let's hope so and we shall see. 

What brought on this revelation?  Well, yesterday I went home after work to release my dog from her confinement and go for a walk to enjoy the sudden tropical weather we are having at present.  After braving the wet and perilous poop-filled sidewalks of my neighborhood (there is a rant brewing here, but I will wait for it), we returned home for dinner. 

After eating we found ourselves in a bit of a quandary.  It was 6 p.m. and there was nothing to do.  We had been for a walk and it was starting to get dark outside.  I don't have any homework to work on at present and Lena gets a little bored if I read or am on the computer for too long.  She plays with her toys and sits with me, but I feel like I should be doing something so much more entertaining for her.  So I gave her a doggy ice cream treat.  This went over well but only provided momentary distraction.

In the end, I found myself counting down the hours until bedtime.  Bedtime came at 9:30 p.m.  Lame, right?  If this continues, I am going to be one of the most well-rested people in the world.  I suppose that this is balanced by the fact that I am now getting up around 5:30 a.m. with Lena most days, but it still feels a bit like giving in to old age a bit prematurely. 

What is the solution?  Can anyone tell me?  Honestly, you should all just tell me to be quiet and wait because about a month from now I am going to be in the throes of my major assignments coming due and I will long for these nights of no responsibility.  Let us hope that this theory is correct or else I may find myself going to bed before sundown.

On a side note, I think I may need to jazz up the blog somehow.  Maybe I should borrow my mother's super-awesome-possibly-magical camera and get some good shots of Lena and the JRT's running around what is sure to now be my parents' water and sludge-filled yard this weekend.  Or I could photo document my upcoming trip to have my car's oil changed.  So many magical moments to capture...

This leads me to a blog recommendation.  I recently came across a FB status update from someone I know from my younger days that included a shout-out to the fact that his wife had just started a blog.  It just so happens that his wife and I lived on the same floor of our freshman dorm so I am also marginally acquainted with her (although we are not FB friends yet).  As I am always curious about other bloggers that I have actually met, I checked it out.  She mostly writes about her children, and I realize that this is not highly original in theory, but in practice it is quite engaging and absolutely hilarious.

If you don't believe that this is possible, check it out:  http://threelittlepeppers.wordpress.com/  Be amazed.  It almost makes me wish that I had kids of my own because hers are so adorably entertaining and yet preternatually intelligent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment