Tuesday, November 9, 2010

So I started out with a purpose...

As predicted, I have now entered the time of the semester when all my waking thoughts start to center around my assignments and the gnawing suspicion that I will not be able to complete them all successfully by the pending due dates.  I keep thinking to myself that if I can just get through this ONE more assignment, I can relax and focus on the rest, but obviously that is totally misguided and insane. 

The light at the end of the tunnel for me is the propect of over a month of break from classes and homework.  Never mind that I will be working full time throughout the entire period!  Who knows what I will do with all my free time? 

Last year, in a fit of frenzy, I decided to become a master baker and work my way through the Betty Crocker Cooky Book.  Oh, and I decided to blog about it.  I made it through maybe 4 or 5 different cookies before classes resumed and I lost the will to bake.  The fact that many of the cookie varieties were odd and somewhat disgusting may have also played a part, or maybe I just got tired of buying shortening.  I can safely say that I have not baked anything since that time. 

I'm sure everyone is excited to find out what free time filler I will take on this year, but I have a sneaky suspicion it may just be my old standby, knitting scarves.  Lest you think I sound like a really crafty gal, I should inform you that scarves are the ONLY thing I know how to make.  I've often dreamed of sharpening my skills and going for hats or even socks and mittens, but alas, my initiative has been lacking. 

Then again, there is always the possibility that I will take up winter sports.  As a person of Scandinavian descent, one might imagine that I would have a proclivity to activities such as cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.  Again I say alas, my lack of coordination has made this plan a bit difficult.  Snowshoeing works best, but cross-country skiing is a tear-laced tantrum-inducing fiasco.  My aunt and uncle have a chalet-style cabin up in northern Wisconsin that is located on some really nice ski trails, so maybe that is in my future.  (Stop laughing, Mom.)

Does this entry have a point?  Maybe not.  Oh wait, here it is: for the next month, I am going to be busy. Not too busy to blog at all, I am sure, but perhaps to busy to be clever or funny about it.  But you never, know, my best ideas come when I'm procrastinating, so this could really be the Golden Age of blogging for me.  We'll just have to wait and see!

1 comment: