Monday, March 21, 2011

Points of Light

Upon careful examination, the past few months have been a bit more exciting that one might initially suppose.  Since I'm in a bit of a brain breeze right now, I thought I would just recap some of the important points and save my edgy-er bits for a later entry.

1) Madison and Ben Folds.

This was a wonderful experience for so many reasons.  Just about the only non-wonderful part was sharing a bed with two antsy Jack Russell Terriers who were not always eager to sleep past 4 a.m.  But back to the wonderful:  awesome restaurants, spending time with my brother and his lady-love, eating cheese, watching and listening to Ben Folds, eating chocolate, getting to know the city of Madison, eating cupcakes and laughing at the antics that arise when three dogs are staying in a small house in January.

2)  Lena

Of course, my lovely little Lean Bean.  Or Mean Lean Bean-who-keeps-her-motor-clean, as I sometimes call her.  Now that I am experiencing life with a dog, I really don't know why I waited so long.  Of course, those who believe in fate would say that I just had to wait for the "one."  Now if only fate could figure out what to do with my love life...  But as for Lena, I have to say that making the decision to adopt her has been one of the best ideas I have ever had.

3)  Brickie-Girl

You may not know (because I am not sure if I've mentioned it yet) that my best friend and her husband are going to have a baby girl.  I was afraid that this would set off an urge to over-shop, but the combination of school and Lena have kept me in line.  As the due date approaches, I am not sure I can hold off so much, but I am very excited to meet this little gal, even if her parents have not agreed on her name just yet.  :)

4)  Plans

So this is a bit more abstract, but I think that the next year is going to be one of major transitions for me, so I might as well get planning for it.  Yes, in December I will (hopefully) graduate from my master's program.  This will (again HOPEFULLY) lead to a new job/career/life in a field completely apart from the one I've been in up to this point.  At least career-wise.  There is the delightful possibility of the internship this summer (no news on that, sorry), but even without that, I really need to polish up my interviewing and job-searching skills if I want things to actually happen for me.  I really REALLY hope that this process will lead me to stay here in MN, but I accept the possibility that I may need to venture forth into a new city.  With a townhouse that will certainly not sell in this market, this is a scarier possibility, but I will do what I need to do.

5)  Upgrades

Right now, one of the biggest changes in my life has had to do with technology.  That's right folks, yesterday I made the leap into the 21st century and upgraded to an iPhone.  OK, so maybe you're not shocked.  BUT, this decision also means that I am officially disconnecting my land line and my home internet service.  Perhaps a bit scary, but cheaper in the long run.  Plus, now I can pull up directions on my phone.  I cannot tell you how great the ramifications of this will be as evidenced by my misguided tour through the city of St. Paul because I mistakenly thought that Edgcumbe Road would follow any direct line of logic or reason.  Boo-urns.

Folks, that is all that I have for you right now.  I guarantee that there will be more entertaining entries in the future, but hopefully this is enough excitement for you at the moment.  Take care and behave yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment