Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A little something for you

Slow and steady wins the race.

This is my mantra as I try to focus my eyes long enough to complete an entry.  You see, my seasonal allergies have smacked me in the face and nearly stolen my sanity.  As a person who rarely gets ill, this is as close as I have come to being really ill in quite a while, and it is not comfortable.  Thankfully, my life is not too crazy-hectic at the moment, so I will survive.

Last weekend represented the first time since starting my new job that I have had any time off other than regular weekends.  True, it was a government holiday, but I will take what I can get, even if the freebie day is consumed with snot-rags and hallucinations.  Sadly, when I really stopped to think about the last time I took a true "vacation" day, it starts to look pretty bleak.  As close as I can figure, it happened sometime in April.  Yikes.

When I have had lucid down moments lately, I have taken to thinking about where I want to be one year from now.  If all continues to go as scheduled, I should be done with my home-owning relationship by that time and will actually have the freedom to really reconsider my life.  Work wise, things are pretty good.  I like where I am and I like my prospects.  True, it is no library job, but the amount of rejection I have faced on that front has left me desperate for working in a place that actually wants me. 

It is strange, though, because I have spent so much time wishing that I could ditch the trappings of the big city life for a simplified existence.  Now that I am facing the possibility of pursuing such an option, I have no idea where to start. 

But rather than continue to rant about this, I am going to heed the ache behind my eyes and get ready for bed.  I just wanted to be sure to write something in the month of September before things start moving along too quickly.  So there you have it.  Something.

No comments:

Post a Comment