Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Accountabilibuddies for LIFE, yo.

I am sure you've been wondering where I am and what I am doing.  Well, the only thing you can know for sure is that I haven't been blogging.  Until now.

Truthfully, the past week or so has been a bit difficult.  First of all, I am at that point in the semester where the BIG papers are looming with their final due dates, and in true Megan fashion I am experiencing mental block.  What I need to do is locate all my articles, read these articles, pull out the necessary information and WRITE THE STUPID PAPERS.  Oh, and then I need to come up with 5 minute presentations (informal) about my findings.  Boo.

Secondly, I experienced a sanity-crushing work-related moment last week that has lit the fire of change in my heart.  I came to the inescapable realization that I simply cannot continue in my current work pattern for much longer.  In fact, this epiphany nearly drove me to the shocking and desperate act of quitting without a new job in the pipeline.  Instead of taking the irresponsible route, I have opted to remain practical and rational (for the moment) and step up the job search and application process.  So far I have found a couple of things that are interesting, but I know that the process may be slow.

Although I hesistate to put this in writing, I feel that stating my goal will perhaps create a better sense of accountability.  My goal is to be working at a different job by the end of summer, which in Minnesota terms means:  by Labor Day.  So now you are all aware of my goal, it is your job to keep me on task.  To put it succinctly, you are all now my Accountabilibuddies. Technically, this means that I should be holding you all accountable for something as well; however, I have no idea what your goals are, so that may be difficult.  If you would like me to help you out to reciprocate in true Accountabilibuddy fashion, let me know. 

On a different note, it is now 57 days until the Hallinglag.  More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment