Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My feet are plotting my murder...

But they're in for a surprise.  Tomorrow I intend to throw them for a loop by wearing some boring and traditional shoes.  True, this is because I am working downtown at my internship and cannot stand to walk the city streets of Minneapolis in heels, but whatever.  It still saves me from the pain.

So now you're wondering what is going on with my feet, right?  Or perhaps you would rather know why I have been so lax in the posting of new entries?  I will wait a moment while you decide.

As it turns out, the answers to both questions are related.

Last Friday at the end of the workday, my company was taken over by a new owner.  In a matter of 30 minutes, our office building was flooded with dozens of unknown people and the takeover began.  Needless to say, it has been a hectic few days.  I am still not completely reconciled to the change; but this is mostly due to the fact that the process is far from complete.

Oh, and I also found out that the last library job for which I interviewed has hired another candidate.

There is nothing quite like finding the financial support beneath your feet shaken to the core to upset your inner balance.

To be fair, I still have a job.  But things they are a changing.  Will it be an improvement?  I cannot say.  I (along with all of my coworkers) must wait patiently until we are either offered new (unknown) positions or released.

The net result of all this stress and movement is that my poor feet have taken a severe beating.  The normal and somewhat sensible work shoes that I wear have not held up well.  In my opinion, however, it is not entirely their fault.  You see, we have entered the season of rapid temperature change in MN.  One day may top out at 60 degrees and the next day could see 80 or higher.  This fluctuation wreaks havoc on my body.  And my feet.

But in an odd way, the weather is a bit of a metaphor for my life:  fluctuating.

No comments:

Post a Comment