Wednesday, May 30, 2012

So yeah, okay....

Is this how it happens?  You just stop making an effort and find one day that you have only written a few entries in a single month?  In a year?  That seems to be the way of most blogs that I follow as of late, and it certainly threatens to become a pattern for me.

Other than the invasion of Mothra in my garage, there have been no other animal invasion attempts in my home.  My plans to attain a Ruger 10/22 rifle continue forward despite the fact that my brother now wants to join in on the plan which means I will have to wait a bit longer to freak out my friends and family.

Speaking of friends, it has finally happened.  ALL of my friends are knocked up.  Seriously.  It is insane, but true.  Honestly, it's pretty sweet when you really think about it.  I get to have all sorts of fun buying funny and cute things for the new babies, but I don't have to consider any of the nitty-gritty aspects of child-bearing and rearing.

Work continues to cause emotional upheaval in my life, which is perhaps what has led to my increased tiredness and inability to remember to update my blog.  It has also put a damper on my quest to find gainful library-related employment.  I have to remind my self repeatedly that I am actually seeking a voluntary career change and do not need to simply accept the easy route.

If there is one thing that I have found to be particularly helpful in my weekly routine, it has turned out to be the train.  Once a week, I take the commuter train to downtown Minneapolis to spend the day working at an unpaid internship.  True, it doesn't make my day any shorter, but waking up and knowing that I do not have to get in my car to focus and get through rush hour is pretty nice.  Who would have thought that staring mindlessly out a window for a 30 minute ride into the city could be so therapeutic?

Sorry that this is not a markedly profound entry, but I felt that I should make some sort of contact.  Hopefully I will be able to be a bit more entertaining in the near future, but for now, that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment