Sunday, February 17, 2013

Musings

It really is so strange that I do not make this connection more often, but my Pinterest page is a good source of things about which to write. 

One thing that continually perplexes me are the pinners who post things about workouts and healthy lifestyle and then go and pin a recipe for deep-fried candy bars.  It really begs the question of how many Pinterest pins are truly representative of one's life goals? 

Personally, I tend more towards the clothing and humorous when and if I do pin.  Yes, I have been known to pin food and recipes, but I can tell you with all certainty that I have yet to make a single item that appears on my "Food Type Such and Such" board.  Not because I don't want to but because I never have taken the trouble to print out and use anything.

Now, I am well aware that there are many people who take and use Pinterest seriously.  My cousin is a perfect case in point.  She was married last fall, and based on my observations of both the event and her Pinterest pins, she gained a lot of actual inspiration from her findings.  From table decorations to picture poses, she really made it work for her.

Other folks, I fear are not as diligent.  If it were even possible for one single person to create all the crafts and make all the food that some people post, I would cut them some slack, but it borders on ridiculous.  And really, who has the time or energy to waste on some of this ridiculousness.  Honestly, how many people have actually gone out and created furniture from old wooden shipping pallets?  Really, you would think everyone's home was full of them based on how many people pin them.

If I had to pick just one type of pin that really sets me off the most, it would be the "inspirational quote" postings.  While I have never been a fan of downright cheesiness in any respect, I get hugely annoyed when I see things that are incorrectly attributed to the wrong person.  But hey, here it is in writing, so it must be true, right?  KNOW YOUR SOURCES, PEOPLE!!!

Pardon me for my Sunday morning rant, but I needed to get that out of my system before I find a show to watch on the computer while I exercise.  And that is for real, you guys.  And I am totally not going to post a pin about it on Pinterest.  I will just stick to the relative anonymity of this blog.  And with that, I will leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment