Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fun With Acrostics

Dear Readers, I have been inspired by a friend's Christmas letter that was made in the form of an acrostic poem.  For her letter, she used the letters from "MERRY CHRISTMAS," which in my mind is a very ambitious undertaking.  She was able to pull it off perfectly, but I don't have the patience (or the exciting life adventures) to do 14 paragraphs of information, so I chose a more reasonable phrase, "GOD JUL."  Bonus points if you know what that means (and what language it is) without using Google.

Here goes.

Gasoline.  I sure used a lot of this stuff in the past year in my commuting to work, school, home, parents' house, etc.  I anticipate that the coming year shall be more of the same, but thank goodness that my car gets good mileage.  Thank goodness also that my generous father sometimes likes to fill my gas tank on the weekend.

One more.  That is how many years I have left in my graduate school program if everything goes to plan.  It has also become my personal mantra when I am feeling overwhelmed with homework.  I just realized that overwhelmed is another "o" word.  Neat.

Daria on DVD.  This animated show used to be a favorite of mine on MTV.  This year it finally came out on DVD (the entire series) and I nearly sang for joy.  Sadly, a lot of the original music is not included (copyright issues) but it still gets the job done.  Oh joy.

Jack Russell Terriers.  My parents own two of the most awesome dogs in the world.  Seriously, I know all dogs are awesome in their own way, but these two are magical and they make my life a lot better.

Unplanned expenses.  Yes, I did have a minor car accident this fall and it was not cheap.  I realize that this is something that could have been avoided.  Now you tell me.

Last minute vacations.  Thank goodness for my awesome friend and her travel-loving husband who put together an amazing trip for eight to Tuscany all in the space of a couple of months.  Thank goodness also for professors who show mercy to those who need to miss the last night of classes in order to be able to go on this amazing trip.


I think that turned out rather well.  I probably could get a bit more creative with more time, but off the top of my head, this really works.

No comments:

Post a Comment