Saturday, July 21, 2012

Listed!

So much has been happening, you guys. 

It may be a bit presumptuous to refer to my readers in plural as I suspect I have a readership following of zero now that I have taken a de facto break from blogging.

But I have good reasons. 

First, as you know, I have started a new job.  Two weeks in and it is going well.  Everyone is nice, I am learning quickly how to do the work and it is blissfully free of daily drama.  Also, the commute from my parents' house is awesome.  10 minutes, maximum.  Best drive EVER.  The hardest part has been trying to remember where I park every day.  It is tougher than you think.

This brings me to the obvious downside to the equation:  my house.  You see, I am a homeowner of a townhouse that has declined in value.  Hardly a unique position to be sure, but one that has given me no end of concern over the past several years. 

Now that I am working too far away to reasonably commute from my house, I finally have a good reason to make an honest attempt to sell the place.  As I had concerns over the readiness of my house for sale, I went up this morning to start a cleaning and organizing extravaganza.  My parents joined me a short while later, and by the time the realtor showed up at 12:30 p.m., it was looking pretty good.

So good, in fact, that I decided to put it on the market today. 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My realtor was very optimistic that things will happen sooner than I assumed.  This is good.  Very good, actually.  But it is a new process to me, selling a house.  I know there will likely be some bumps in the road, but at the end of the day if I can be free of the weight of homeownership, I think I will be a much happier person. 

But I will let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment