Friday, March 9, 2012

So I guess I am now a PinStar...

Today I am a mixture of emotions:  sad, nervous, excited and tired.  I wish that I could go into greater details about the root influences of these emotions, but it is a bit premature to do so.  Rest assured, when I know more, so will you.

In the meantime...

I have finally succumbed to peer pressure and joined Pinterest.  May God have mercy on my soul.

Honestly, I will probably not have nearly as many uses for this thing as other seem to do.  You see, I have no strong inclination to home decoration or organization.  Neither do I have children for whom I must collect ideas for educational or gift ideas.  On the other hand, I do like food, so the recipe sharing might be useful.  And I do love me some funny.

If I had to complain about anything, I would have to say that some of the "style" posts are really annoying.  Not so much the shots of cool shoes with links to the vendor website, but more those compilations of "complete" outfits that are put together on white backgrounds.  I do not know who makes these, but people sure like to repin them. 

As much as I think that taking care in your appearance is an acceptable practice to follow, I sincerely doubt that these silly outfit creations ever factor into the wardrobes of those who repin them.  Honestly, if we were to take daily photographs of the pinner or just go through their closet, are these the sort of items we would find?  Hm?

I will now descend from my soapbox to say that interestingly enough, my most "popular" pins to the world in general have been humor related.  I repinned a comic from one of my favorite bloggers (The Oatmeal), a tote bag bearing a funny saying that I found on another blogger's store (The Bloggess) and another comic regarding the sexiness of wearing glasses from a web comic (Hark! A Vagrant!).

Go figure.

This weekend looks to be epic.  I intend to spend the majority of it at home, with Lena, hopefully getting some serious work done on cleaning and organization.  I definitely intend to sleep as late as humanly (or caninely) possible.  It is supposed to get up to 60 degrees this weekend, which is practically tropical, so perhaps we shall be taking some longer walks?

In other news, I am done with my judging duties... for now.  Officially, I still have one more regional event left, but it is over a week away, so I can relax for a moment.  Truth be told, it has not been a bad experience and I would definitely do it again if given the opportunity.  At least that is my story for the moment.

I sincerely hope that everyone has a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment