Friday, December 9, 2011

Instructions and commentary

Here is how not to write a blog entry:

1.  Feel guilty for not updating.  People are probably clamoring to read what you have to say, after all.
2.  Log in to Blogger.  Start to write about how sorry you are that you have been lazy.  Also write that you are updating on your dog's condition. 
3.  Get distracted.
4.  Decide to write a blog about your love/hate history with clothing. 
5.  Get distracted.
6.  Finish up your Christmas shopping in record time.  Think about blogging on the subject, but get distracted.
7.  Freak out because you are graduating in less than two weeks and you still have some big assignments to finish.
8.  Go to your mother's jewelry party and spend money.
9.  Consider writing about the insane amount of jewelry you will have when everything finally gets here after being on backorder.  You will be blinging like nobody's business, man.
10.  Think better of it. 

So, here we are.  One more class to go, people.  True, there is a considerable amount of work to be completed for said class, but after a work session with my partner on Saturday, I feel like we are on track to finish well. 

If all continues as planned, I shall be graduating on the 20th.  I have no idea what I will do with all my time.  Wait, yes I do.  I will be amping up my job search because once I have the degree in hand, I will be qualified for ever so many more postings.  At least in theory. 

Although I am awaiting the arrival of one more package, my Christmas shopping is nearly complete.  Online shopping is the BEST!  So maybe some of you love the hustle and bustle of the stores, malls and their associated parking lots, but they turn me into a regular Grinch.  The lines!  BLAGH!  The shoving!  BLECH!  The parking spot stalking game!  RAGE!!! 

Instead, I have opted to rely on the pleasant delivery folk of UPS to do my bidding and bring the items I buy directly to me.  Sort of like... Santa Claus.  Magical. 

If I had to pick one thing that I am MOST looking forward to this Christmas, it is playing Just Dance 3 on the Wii.  It appears that everyone in my family is getting this game this year, and I am SUPER excited to try out the new moves.  Am I a nerd?  Maybe.  Maybe you have to be there. 

Also, apparently my uncle has a sneaky plan to take my brother ring shopping.  Although he will have to be crafty if he wants to find a jewelry store that is open on Christmas Eve...

No comments:

Post a Comment