Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Oops! I think I need a title!

Guess what?  My dreams are finally coming true!  No, not the ones where I am chased by zombies or make out with former high school classmates.  I am talking about the dream where I enter into the next phase of technological enlightenment by owning the holy grail of electronic devices:  the iPhone.

Was that a bit anticlimatic for you?  Too bad.  I have wanted an iPhone from the very first time my friend let me use hers to figure out what song was playing on the radio using the Shazam app.  Oh yes, I have wanted an iPhone very badly.  Not badly enough to switch cell phone carriers, but almost.

Imagine my joy when I found out that my current carrier (Verizon) is releasing an iPhone in February!  Imagine my extra joy and surprise to learn that these new iPhones will also have mobile hotspot technology!!  At last I may be able to contemplate disconnecting my unused (but necessary for DSL) home phone line and my internet service!!!

So maybe this isn't as exciting to everyone else as it is to me.  I am not a technology junkie by any means, but every once in a while some new shiny object comes out and makes me want to jump on the bandwagon.  I will keep you updated as the date for upgrade gets closer.

On an unrelated side note, it appears that my mouse infestation issue has disappeared from my house and resurfaced in my workplace.  Not in my particular work station, but in my office in general.  So far we have not placed traps (that I can see), but that time may be fast approaching.  They haven't made it into my instant oatmeal stash, thank goodness, but I fear I shall have to take precautionary measures very soon. 

Peace over and out homies.

No comments:

Post a Comment