Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Raging Hormones

There are days when I really am grateful that there is no one at home waiting for me at the end of the day.  For instance, today.  I realize that it may be due to the fact that my hormones are a bit off right now (and will be for the next few days) but I am really feeling out of sorts and quite cantankerous. 

It could also be due to the fact that I spent most of my morning having to intensely concentrate on a detailed project that is likely to lead to another big mess of a project within the next week.  I think it would have been better for all involved if I had just been able to go into an office and shut the door until it was done, but that wasn't in the cards.

This weekend, my plans do not involve a lot of people, which is again probably a very good thing.  You may be thinking that blaming one's hormones for one's rotten attitude is lame.  I counter with the fact that it is no more lame than most other excuses people use:  headaches, fatigue, caffeine-deficiency, rain or Celine Dion music. 

Most of the time (in my professional life) I try to remain calm, or at the very least polite.  However, every few months I experience a bout of very strong internal displeasure that manifests itself into negative outward behavior.  If you've ever been on the receiving or just the observing end of this rage, you probably know what I mean. 

I would say that I'm sorry for it, but really I'm not.  I've been on the receiving/observing end of so many other people's raging episodes that I really think that I should have a turn at it every once in a while.  The only comfort I can offer is that it isn't personal.  It's just that my ability to turn off my brain and just let things slide gets momentarily jammed.

Why am I sharing this?  Maybe I just need to vent.  Maybe I'm just trying to give you an example of what a "bad day" for Megan looks like.  Maybe I just really need a good night's sleep tonight.  Take your pick; they're all correct.  Will tomorrow be better?  I hope so.  You should too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment