Thursday, July 21, 2011

Excuse me

Hi all.  I have been thinking about this entry very carefully, and I think that it is just best to be honest and let you know that it has been a terrible week.  Yes, school is done, but I really don't care.

On Monday, I received some of the most horrible news that I have ever had in my life.  My best friend's baby died in utero.  She was due today.  Instead of spending today texting my friend every 10 minutes to see if she was in labor yet, I am trying to explain to friends and coworkers "how they are doing." 

I thought about being generic, but for some reason I have opted for bluntness.  It is just a shitty time and there is no way to sugar coat it. 

Do not mistake me, I am not angry that people are asking.  It shows concern and care.  Ask away, really.  Just do not be surprised if I do not have much more to say.  The plan has changed, and no one is happy about it.  It is painful, it is disappointing, it is unfair. 

Be patient with me and at some point I will be able to write again.  But for the first time in my life, words are very hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment