Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Charge to Action

If my last entry left some of you on the edge of your seats wondering if I survived my Monday, worry no more.  Here I am.  Barely.

OK, that is an exaggeration.  I am totally here. 

Yesterday I had a bit of a brain explosion due to the fact that I realized that my next two weeks are going to be a bit busier than I had anticipated.  With visitors rolling in from out of town to my epic trek up to Fargo for the Hallinglag where I will be hanging out with a bunch of old Norwegians, it is sure to be exciting. 

The factor which really complicates everything is school.  No, the course work is not overwhelming and I am certain that I will be able to complete it in a satisfactory manner.  It's just that having class twice a week on Mondays and Wednesdays really messes with my attempts to spend time at both my parents' house and my own place.  So maybe Lena complicates things a bit as well, but in a good way.

Grrr.  I just spent some time outlining the intricacies of my upcoming schedule before I realized that it was incredibly boring.  Instead, I will keep it brief.  There are going to be a TON of people passing through my parents' house in the next couple of weeks.  From relatives to friends to dogs, it is sure to be a bit chaotic.  But fun, always fun.

I think that I may need to utilize this blog space to ask you readers once again to be my Accountabilibuddies.  This weekend is looking to be a pretty quiet one for me.  The calm before the storm, if you will.  I would really like for the weather to be decent.  Not just because it is nice to have sunshine and not rain, but because I think it is time to use my new bike.  It is sitting in the garage, looking all pretty and awesome, but it really needs to be taken out on a big journey. 

No, not across the state or anything.  Just maybe up to Lake Harriet.  Or Lake Calhoun.  I am always a bit torn about it because it means that my dog cannot accompany me.  I did find some really funny dog trailer carriers at the bike shop, but I struggle with the purpose of such a device.  Essentially it is like one of those kid carrier trailers, but smaller. 

While it could be useful for someone traveling with their dog, I cannot see the point of encasing a wildly energetic terrier mix in one for what would surely be a frustrating and frightening ride around the neighborhood.  It certainly wouldn't give her any exercise which in turn really doesn't soothe my concern over the fact that a bikeride excludes her participation.

So I guess that the solution is to do both a walk and a ride.  Take Lena out for a stroll and then go off on my own to give my bike some exercise.  I guess that is a double benefit for me.  I just hope my motivation holds, which brings me back to you, dear readers.  Now that I have told you my intentions, I have more determination to actually follow through for fear of disappointing you.  Right?  Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment