Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wish me luck...

In the interest of preserving my sanity and documenting momentous events, I am doing a very un-Megan like thing by toting my laptop along with me this weekend to the Hallinglag.  Combined with the camera that I will hopefully remember to pick up today, I should be able to offer up some points of interest for the next couple of days.  Plus I will be able to work on my homework while on the road.  Bonus.

Since I am sure you're all interested, the "final" plan is apparently for me to pick up both my grandfather and uncle this afternoon for our trip to Fargo.  Thankfully, my mother offered her slightly larger vehicle for this purpose, so we will not be uncomfortable. 

Unfortunately, due to the fact that my grandfather will be in the car, we will be limited in our music choices.  You see, although my grandfather likes music (generally), he has some kind of odd fixation with the belief that drums and other percussive sounds are "unnecessary."  Why?  Oh, no reason.  So, unless I am willing to listen to hours of choral or classical music, we will rely on our conversation skills to get us ready. 

Actually, I think it could be considered a near certainty that my grandfather will try to get us to sing some songs in Norwegian.  The difficulty of this is that only he really knows the words or the tunes to these songs.  He is well aware of this, but for some reason he chooses to insist that we sing along.  If we're lucky, he will again instruct me that I need to take up the "fiddle."  More likely than not, he will have a story about one of his cousins as well, which will certainly lead into a long and convoluted story about some obscure former resident of North Fork Township who had 25 children, ate nothing but beets and brushed their teeth with dandelion wine. 

As a side note, this is my first time away from my dog overnight since I adopted her in February.  I know she is in a place where she feels safe and is comfortable, but I hope she isn't too traumatized to sleep with someone else for two nights.  Honestly, I do not even know how sleeping will go for me without my little Lean Bean next to me.  (Sniff)

Anyway, as a final gesture of goodwill, here are a few more "old" drawings to remember me by, just in case my brain ceases to function (or the advertised wi-fi connection in the hotel does not work). 



Now appearing at El Rodeo in Maple Grove!


"Laser Baby"


Oh, you know, just a partially completed groundhog.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment