Friday, May 13, 2011

Down to the Wire

Howdy to you all on this fine Friday afternoon.  I am sure that many of you are counting down the seconds until your weekend officially starts, and although I am not at work today, I envy you. 

As I have previously stated, the end of the academic semester is at hand.  Literally, as in within the next 24 hours.  This past semester has been a bit different for me.  Not only did I start it out by bringing a dog into my life, but both of my classes were weekenders.  This meant that every other Friday night and Saturday afternoon, I had to spend five long hours in a classroom.

Actually, it was not that bad.  Seriously.  The ONLY negative has been that it has created a void in the motivation department for me.  Due to the fact that this is my first semester where both of my classes have final papers due, motivation would have been nice. 

To be clear, I have class tonight at 5.  I have finished the paper for this class and feel fully ready to report on it to the group.  Yay. 

On the other hand, I have another paper due tomorrow at 1:30 p.m.  This is NOT complete.  True, the subject has been chosen and researched and I am fairly certain that I can come up with a reasonable thesis.  Sadly, no actual writing has happened.

So now you're wondering why I am wasting time on this blog when I should be writing about archives and donor relations, right?  Don't worry your pretty little heads about it, my friends.  I guarantee all will be well.  Just you wait.

Anyway, my parents have departed or actually have probably already arrived in Madison to celebrate the graduation of my brother from his veterinary program.  Yes, that is correct, I now have to call my brother "Doctor."  Freaky.  Dr. Freaky?  Hm.

I order to deal with my crushing disappointment at not being able to attend the festivities, I am focusing on completing my own academic duties and caring for the three canines that are here with me.  At present they are all napping soundly in the office, especially satisfied as they have completed their afternoon meal.  Sadly they do not realize that in about ninety minutes I will be leaving them to attend the final Friday class.  Upon my return, I will be focused on finishing my prep for paper number two and POSSIBLY starting it tonight. 

My time-line for tomorrow will consist of me arising at whatever ungodly hour the pups choose to release them to their bathroom duties, feed them, give them Dingos and resume work on the paper.  It must be COMPLETE and ready by noon.  Well, at least for my sanity.  Class doesn't start until 1:30, but I think noon is a good deadline.  This is why I need to get started tonight. 

Again, don't you worry.  My dad displayed some uncharacteristic overbearing tendencies in the past 24 hours regarding my paper progress.  I had to keep reminding him that of all the papers I have written in my lifetime, these are the first time he has heard anything about it.  I believe my grade records speak for themselves, but again, there are always doubters. 

My next important task is to shower, and I had better hop to it because class is in two hours.  You will likely not hear from me again until tomorrow's class is complete.  In the meantime, imagine happy thoughts of me composing elegant prose about donor restrictions and archives that will wow and impress my professor.

No comments:

Post a Comment