Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Vehicular Ennui

Here is a harsh truth (for me):  this is my last week of break before school is IN for summer.  I am attempting to enjoy as much of it as I can for I have seen the syllabus and it is FULL of assignments.  Boo-urns.  I don't know what made me expect that this instructor would be like my last summer professor and "go easy" on us because it is, after all, summer. 

On the positive side, there WILL be field trips.  Four, to be exact.  I am super stoked to visit the MN Legislative Library.  Don't judge - it is way cooler than anything YOU will see this summer.  Am I right? 

Last night I went to drop off the title to my "old" car at the dealership and to pick up my certificate for my new BIKE.  I think that I shall make my mother take me over to get it this weekend.  Don't be mad, I'm not trying to be mean, it's just that my mother's car is the only one big enough to handle a bike inside.  That is, until my father trades in his sedan for the same car as mine. 

That's right, you heard me.  My family is not known for accepting a wide variety of cars.  Case in point:  at one time we had three Camry's (of varying years) in our household.  I kid you not.

So now you're thinking, "WOW!  Megan's family sure is a wild and crazy bunch!" 

Perhaps it is the fact that I am on break mindset, but I have started to experience a bit of wanderlust.  Technically, it has been over a year since my last major vacation (to Italy) and I have no plans to take another major trip in the near future.  Heck, I won't even be going up to Ely with the girls this year due to the impending arrival of young baby "Brickette."

This means that my major vacation will mainly consist of the Hallinglag in Fargo and Bonanza Valley Days in Brooten.  I will certainly have my fill of old people mingling to last me for a while.

Shoot.  I just realized that I have been "working" on this entry for three days.  That is probably not something I should admit to given the length and quality of the entry, but I guess I will let you be the judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment