Saturday, May 14, 2011

Scholarly Update

Quick update:  I have finished my paper.  Yes, that's right, DAD!  Way ahead of schedule, which is especially impressive when you consider the crap I have been putting up with from the dogs all morning.  Of course, I did plan to get up at 6 a.m. anyway, but being confronted with a full-on assault to the face at that time of day is not fun.

I suppose that this would all be quite different if the weather wasn't so damp, rainy and MUDDY.  I have had to wash/bathe Thor and Lena twice already today.  The second time around, the pups got a bit feisty, resulting in the need to sequester them for a bit.  Unfortunately, these pups don't take time out quietly.  I doubt I will be able to hear properly for another 24 hours. 

On the plus side, I can now get ready, shower and pick up treats for class and traipse off to my final class.  All I have to do is give an informal summary of my paper findings and listen to the rest of my class do the same.  Then I can come home to these animals where I face another evening of dog bathing and ridiculous antics.  But at least my papers are done.  For now.

Oh, and if you were wondering, I did well last night with my other presentation.  There is something to be said about performing on low brain energy, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment