Friday, November 4, 2011

Good news

Good news:  my finger is healing nicely.  I even used some anti-bacterial salve on it this morning.  Are you impressed?

Also good news:  today is Friday.  True, tomorrow I will spend the majority of my day either at my internship or in class, but at least it is some variety.

As predicted, my mother was amused by the fact that I had inflicted fingernail related injury upon myself.  I am nothing if not entertaining.

I received some good news this morning.  It seems that I may not be forced to spend the entirety of my evening trapped in the basement with three dogs and my father while my mom and her book club cronies yuk it up in the rest of the house.  You see, one of my oldest friends is coming to town with her husband and two adorable children, and some of us are going to meet her for pizza tonight.  Yay!

Of course, it is important to keep in mind that I will likely have to spend some time in the basement as I believe the dinner plans fall earlier than later and the book club ladies are known to party quite long and hard.  I only hope they leave some jalapeno dip for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment